Confessions – this recipes is one from my old blog, but I love it so much I wanted to share it again.
One of my goals has always been to make healthy food taste good. From my perspective, it already does, but sometimes it takes time convincing others. With this recipe – it may sound “different” but the result will blow you away. I went in to this project with reserve, thinking – they’ll probably taste good, but… might need some work. Boy, was I wrong, these don’t taste good, they taste GREAT! From this point on, I don’t need to eat any cookie dough but this. In fact, why even bother with other cookies? I challenge anyone to try these and tell me otherwise.
I found the recipe on Oh She Glows, which is primarily vegan, yet don’t let that stop you non-vegans or vegetarians.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Energy Bites
- 1/2 c unsalted cashews (roasted/toasted works best)
- 1/4 c rolled oats
- 1/4 c whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 T sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 tsp pure maple syrup (you may even need more)
- 1/4 c dark chocolate chips
- In a food processor, add cashews and oats. Process until it forms a fine crumb, the finer the better for making a dough that holds together easily. Add in the salt, sugar, and flour; process for a few more seconds.
- Add in maple syrup and vanilla and process until combined (the dough will be sticky). Last, add in your chocolate chips and stir by hand or process.
- Form into balls and store in the freezer.
*I’ve made these with pecans, walnuts, and a mix of nuts. All taste great, but cashews taste the most like traditional cookie dough.
**Try mixing in some peanut butter or coconut oil to help things stick together as well.
Perfect little bites that fit in the palm of your hand – I use them for a quick bite before a morning workout or when hitting the trals for a good weekend hike.
One thought on “Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Energy Bites (raw)”
Pingback: Lemon Lavender Energy Bites | Less Sugar, More Spice