It might be fall, but I’m still obsessing over peaches, especially the ones I can grow in my own back yard! That’s right, we have a fabulous peach tree that grow giant peaches – like the kind you need to grab with two hands. Even though I massively hacked and pruned the tree earlier that year (like I thought nothing would grow back and we’d have this ugly stumpy looking tree), but it still branched out all over the place and we had peaches everywhere – even after C took half off at the start of their growing. We removed some so the others get more nutrients and grow bigger.
So after having a refrigerator full of peaches, I thought why not do some sort of appetizer with them – I had some left over ricotta and we always have honey, so a super easy snack was born. 🙂
Peach and Ricotta Crostini
Serves as many as you’d like
- 1 long baguette
- Part skim ricotta (it has more protein)
- Fresh peaches
- Aged balsamic vinegar
- Slice the baguette on a diagonal and arrange on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Toast baguette slices under the broiler for 30 seconds to a minute or until toasted to desired toastiness.
- Slices peaches (can leave skins on or off if you prefer).
- Spread each toast with 1-2 T of ricotta.
- Arrange peach sliced on toast and drizzle with your choice of honey or balsamic vinegar. If you’re using vinegar, make sure to have the kind that is aged and really think. If it’s not already thick, you can place it in a pot on the stove over a simmer and reduce down to desired syrup consistency.
Eat and enjoy! Preferably with some wine.
It’s my 4th summer in this house and each year I’m enjoying the fruit produced more and more – peaches, apples, and figs. After finishing the creation of the patio and fencing around it, I’m also enjoying the backyard more and more – when I’m out there, it really does feel like home. When everything is put away (a wind storm tore down our temporary pergola), I’ll post a video of the space – we have a waterfall too and the sound of falling water is just so relaxing!
Cheers to the ending of summer and the beginning of fall!
One thought on “Peach and Ricotta Crostini”